Event Date: On Demand
Event Time: 60 Minutes
At the core of your mechanical CAD software is the modeling kernel, an often overlooked tool. The kernel is key to your ability to compute 3D shapes and models and output 2D drawings from 3D geometry. In this webcast, learn the basics about kernels and what impacts a change in this core code can have on your company’s existing and future design data. Dan Staples, development director for Solid Edge at Siemens PLM Software, is joined by medical device designer Billy Oliver from Helena Laboratories to explore the issues facing hundreds of thousands designers and millions of CAD files.
- The math inside your feature tree
- Real-world lessons learned in changing kernels
- Modeling loss, data protection, and reuse risks
- Impact on hundreds of thousands designers and millions of CAD files
- Case study: Helena Laboratories ensures data protection