Section 1: Customer Presentation: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
"Modeling a Bolted Joint With NX Nastran"
In order to model a bolted interface, both preload and surface contact must be used. Some best practices for solving bolted interfaces with NX Nastran linear solutions are discussed.
Section 2: “The NX Nastran history and application of GLUE Connections"
The following points will be highlighted:
- NXN4.1 capability introduction
- NXN6.1 alternate more robust formulation introduced
- NXN7.1 edge-surface introduced
- NXN8.0 traction output
- Applications and capability characteristics
- Structure, Heat Transfer, Acoustics
- Stress continuity, Rigid Body mode preservation
- Refinement impact